Guarantee and Payment Policy
We request that all reservations are confirmed with a credit/debit card number at the time of booking, and you are reminded that this constitutes as a contract between yourself and The Bell Hotel, which is governed by English law.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will be receiving a confirmation email which will include a secure payment link. A booking confirmation will be sent within 24 hours of booking. Please check carefully that this is correct.
Please, note that we require a full pre-payment on your booking up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date. Should we not receive this payment, we will attempt to charge the card details you have provided us with to guarantee your booking. In the event of unsuccessful transaction, we will cancel your booking.
By confirming your booking with us you are authorising Beales Hotels to charge your card details for the pre-agreed room rate.
As a standard procedure we will require a £50 / per person / per night pre-authorisation on your credit or debit card, for every guest who wishes to have an account open during their stay. This pre-authorisation will be used to pay for any goods/services during your stay at the Bell Hotel, Saxmundham. Any unused amount will be released at the time of check-out.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to [email protected].
- You may cancel your reservation without charge up to 48 hours prior to the day of your arrival. You will be charged 100% of the total price for cancellations received within 48 hours of the day of your arrival. If we do not receive any prior notification to cancel your booking, the full price will be charged. Separate cancellation terms apply to group bookings.
- Prepaid rates are non-refundable but may be able to be transferred subject to agreement by the hotel
If you cancel your reservation, you will be charged at the full rate unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the date of your arrival. If you fail to arrive, or checkout a day earlier than expected, you will be charged at the full rate.
For the comfort of all our guests, The Bell Hotel is a completely non-smoking hotel. Smoking in the rooms, or any activity which leaves a distinguishing odour will result in a minimum £200.00 cleaning charge in order for us to restore the room back to an acceptable condition.
Should you cause damage to decor or spoil a room or any of our public areas in any way that is deemed not accidental, the Hotel reserves the right to charge you a minimum of £250.00 in order to cover the cost of cleaning, repairs and disruption in reselling the room.
Food / Drinks
We politely request that guests of Beales Hotels do not bring in their own alcoholic beverages or take away food.
Should you wish to dine with us during your stay, please call us on 01728 602331 or reserve your table online. Your confirmation email will include a link to our Restaurant Booking Service.
Any booking that has more than 3 rooms per night or more than 5 room-nights per booking falls under our Group Booking Policy. We reserve the right to request a full, non-refundable pre-payment, regardless of the original cancellation/payment policy, at least 4 weeks prior to the arrival date, for any bookings that we consider as a part of a group booking.
Special Events/Special Occasions
Regardless of your cancellation policy, we reserve the right to ask for a full, non-refundable pre-payment for any bookings made for dates of local events, national holidays or anything we deem a special occasion for the Bell Hotel, Saxmundham.
Changes to your booking
- In exceptional circumstances the company reserves the right to offer an alternative date of stay or to cancel the reservation(s) with full refund to the payee.
- No refund will be given for early departure unless caused by significant acts of negligence on the part of the company or its employees.
- Please note: if you are booking a promotion or a discounted rate, no further discounts or offers can be applied.
- The company reserves the right to collect pre-authorisation credit card details on arrival to guarantee any additional monies due.
Please note that the Bell Hotel has only got 2 dog friendly rooms available.
- Owners/guests must advise the hotel in advance of arrival if they wish to bring their dog
- Guests are only permitted to have one medium size dog in the room
- Any extra cleaning required over and beyond reasonable use of the room will be charged at £100
- Owners are asked to control any noise made by the dog to ensure it does not disturb other guests
- The hotel reserves the right to review our accommodation commitment if operational issues occur
- The Bell Hotel staff are not permitted to care for the dog
- The dog must be kept on a leash when in public areas
- Please do not use your hotel bathroom or towels to wash or dry your dog
- Dogs are not allowed on the soft furnishings and furniture. Damage to any of these will result in guest charged retail price to replace item
- Pets must be toilet trained
- Any fouling in the bedrooms, public areas or grounds must be cleaned immediately
- The hotel does not accept liability for any loss, injury or illness to your dog
- Assistance/service dogs are honoured guests and therefore have free access to The Bell Hotel.